Seed Business is an annual 3-day industry convention traditionally held in late August in various locations around Australia.
The Convention is the highlight event for Australian Seed Federation (ASF) members to network with other businesses within the seed and agriculture industry. The Convention is also an opportunity for ASF members to engage on industry issues and policy development.
Seed Business 2019 Convention
20 – 22 August 2019
Oaks Elan Darwin Hotel
31 Woods Street, Darwin, Northern Territory
- Tuesday 20 August 2019 – ASF Welcome Reception Function, 6.00pm – 8.00pm at The O.A.K Restaurant. We have also organised an Agriculture Field Day tour (7.00am – 3.15pm) showcasing the agriculture in Darwin and the Northern Territory. Delegates will learn about the Territory’s biosecurity, tropical fruit, and horticulture research including visiting a local Mango Farm and watermelon and pumpkin farm, ending with an entertaining Adelaide River Jumping Crocodile Cruise.
- Wednesday 21 August 2019 – Day 1 of Convention. Registration will commence from 8.30am with Convention sessions including the Trade Exhibition. The day will end with a Gala Dinner to be held at Pee Wee’s at the Point which is one of the best venues in Darwin and where delegates will enjoy a lovely evening outdoors and a beautiful Darwin sunset.
- Thursday 22 August 2019 – Day 2 of Convention with group plenary sessions and the Trade Exhibition ending at 4.30pm.
- Friday 23 August 2019 – post-Convention Darwin & NT Adventure Tour for those who wish to participate and are staying on. Not to be missed if you have never been to Darwin or the NT before!
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact the ASF on 02 6282 6822 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seed Business 2018 Convention
The two-day ASF 2018 Seed Business event presented seed members the opportunity to discuss industry issues, debate hot topics and raise areas of mutual concern, as well as network and learn from each other.
The ASF Seed Business 2018 Convention started with the Welcome Drinks Cocktail Reception where delegates made their way to St Kilda in Melbourne and mingled with sponsors, exhibitors and partners at the Novotel Hotel – Esplanade Diner & Bar.
Thank you to Colquhoun’s (ASF Silver Corporate Sponsor) in sponsoring the event and to Bob Adams who provided a brief presentation during the night.
The Convention officially opened by David Jochinke, Vice President of the National Farmers Federation who addressed delegates and spoke about the challenges the agriculture industry face and the importance of the seed industry.
Delegates were also welcomed by the opening of the Trade Show. This year’s Trade show saw a varied number of exhibitors including Colquhoun’s (ASF Silver Corporate Sponsor), DTS Seed Assurance (ASF Bronze Corporate Sponsor), PETKUS Australia Pacific, AgEtal, and Pope Packaging.
The 2018 program had a number of important speakers who presented on a variety of industry matters and updates allowing delegates to be informed and discuss issues within the industry…Full text – Click here
To view photos from the event please click on the below link
Seed Business 2017 Convention
The ASF Seed Business 2017 Convention held from 22-24 August saw a great attendance in having 7 exhibitors and 115 delegates with 70 companies represented. Delegates met in the heart of Adelaide at the Stamford Plaza Hotel for three eventful days that included a training day, speaker sessions, networking, group meetings, social events and recognising a seed member who has contributed vastly to the industry…Full Text – Click here
To view photos from the event please click on the below links
Seed Business 2016 Convention
The stage was set for the seed industry’s biggest event, with delegates making their way to Rydges Melbourne for the ASF Seed Business 2016 Convention and Training Day. The two-to-three day event presented seed members and new entrants the opportunity to discuss industry issues, debate hot topics and raise areas of mutual concern, as well as network and learn from each other.
The ASF Seed Industry Training Day held in conjunction with the Convention, was very popular in having slightly over 50 participants and 13 speakers, once again showing the importance of training and education within the seed industry. Participants took part in various specialised sessions hearing from speakers present on all areas within the seed supply chain…full text – Click here
To view photos from the event please click on the below link:
Seed Business 2016 Convention & Training Day Photos
Seed Business 2015 Convention
The ASF Seed Business 2015 Convention was held at the City Golf Club in Toowoomba, Queensland. Toowoomba provided a great opportunity and location for the Australian seed industry to take stock of the important role that it plays in underpinning Queensland’s primary industries and allowed delegates to explore the agricultural region and its surroundings.
Over the two-days of Convention delegates, partners, sponsors and exhibitors soaked up the region whilst participating on hot topics and hearing discussions about new Biotechnology and Northern Agriculture…
Seed Business 2015 Awards
- Overall Winner – Blair Jepson
- Nearest to the pin – Steve Brill
- Longest Drive – Ken Cunliffe
- Most Shots of the Day – Steve Rigney
Tenpin Bowling Awards:
- Winner – Josh Rasheed
- ‘Not a Tenpin Bowler’ award – Laurie Meyer
Seed Business 2014 Convention
The ASF Seed Business 2014 Convention was held at The SS&A Club Albury, NSW with a strong attendance of 120 delegates. Albury turned on the weather providing lovely sunny days for the week of Convention that saw delegates, partners, sponsors and exhibitors soaking up the sunshine and enjoying the regional area.
A first for the ASF was the introduction of a Seed Industry Training Day as part of the annual Convention which took place on Tuesday and attracted a record attendance of more than 70 participants. It was great to see such a strong attendance to the Training Day and a large number of specialised speakers who provided an informative and overall introduction of the seed industry. This has given the ASF a platform to build on in further educating and providing training in the future to new entrants and to members within the seed and agriculture industry…
– Full article ⇒ Click Here
– Seed Business 2014 Convention Photos Part 1 ⇒ Click Here
– Seed Business 2014 Convention Photos Part 2 ⇒ Click Here
Seed Business 2014 Awards
- Overall Winner – Peter Brown
- Nearest to the pin – Robert Colquhoun
- Longest Drive – Aaron Giason
- Shot of the Day – Steve Brill
Tenpin Bowling Awards:
- Winner – Janine Carmichael
- Runner Up – Alan Gowers
- Bend over Bowl – Craig Altmann
- Wooden Spoon – Dean Madsen
Seed Business 2013 Convention
The ASF Seed Business 2013 Convention was held at the trendy QT Gold Coast hotel from 3 – 5 September, giving delegates an experience like no other. Over the two-days of Convention delegates participated in hot topics and discussions on ‘Planning a Bright Future’for the Australian seed and agriculture industry….
– Full article ⇒ Click Here
– Seed Business 2013 Convention Photos ⇒ Click Here